Can I Earn Academic Credit?

As an undergraduate, you can earn academic credit for research experiences and applied learning through Special Studies Classes (97, 98, 99, 197, 198, or 199). 

  • The 97 and 197 courses are for individually arranged field studies, including off-campus internships through the Academic Internship Program (AIP)
  • The 98 and 198 courses are for directed group study.
  • The 99 and 199 courses are for individual independent study, including research experiences. 

These courses have different eligibility and criteria. Read more about how to enroll in Special Studies Classes and check with your Department for additional requirements.