After I Find an Opportunity, What's Next?
Congratulations, you found a position. Now what? Before you begin, you should:
- Determine who will own any intellectual property resulting from your experience and ask your new supervisor if you are required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). These considerations are particularly important if you are interning outside of the University.
- Consider enrolling in a course to receive academic credit.
- For research positions, complete required training.
- Share your findings with others in the academic community and the general public.
Research Experience & Applied Learning
- Find REAL Opportunities
- Other places to find opportunities
- Create/Update My Profile
- What is Research?
- What is Applied Learning?
- How Do I Get Started?
- Can I Earn Academic Credit?
- Can I Be Paid?
- Can I Volunteer?
- After I Find a Position, What's Next?